Code Of Conduct
Takshashila Residential School is considered among the best boarding schools in Odisha. It aims to develop disciplined children who are punctual, gentle, truthful and sincere to themselves, their classmates and their country. By doing so, the students will make their stay comfortable and worthwhile, which will help the school organisation to run smoothly. To ensure this the school adopts the following code, which every student has to follow strictly.
- Students should carry the diary to school daily.
- Students should be habitually clean and neatly dressed. The school uniform must be worn on all working days.
- Shouting and whistling is not allowed in the school.
- Each student must be punctual and regular in attendance.
- Changing of classrooms between periods, wherever necessary, should be done in silence and in an orderly manner.
- Students should take pride in caring for school property. Students must remember that it belongs to the school community and that they are a part of the school community. Care should be taken of class furniture namely computers, cupboards, desks and chairs etc. The habit of writing or carving names on benches and scratching is strictly prohibited. In case of deliberate breakage of any school property, the student will have to pay the cost of the equipment/property damaged along with a penalty of 50%.
- Valuable articles should not be brought to school.
- Students must converse in English at all times. Students must learn to speak softly, clearly and with courtesy.
- Student must not be rude/disobedient to teachers, prefects and wardens/matrons. Usage of abusive or offensive language in conversations is strictly prohibited.
- Students should not miss any teaching/games/activity period.
- Students are expected to follow the code of sportsmanship viz. stick to the rules, keep their temper cool, their body fit, have a stout heart in defeat, and pride in victory, have a sound soul, a clear mind and a healthy body while playing games.
- Students must be in proper sports uniforms when on the field.
- Hostels are out of bounds when school is in progress.
- Students should keep their bed tidy; with their belongings neatly in cupboards and trunks. The dormitory should always be neat and attractive.
- It is dangerous to tamper with electrical installations. Students should ensure that lights and fans are turned off when not in use.
- Students should not play with ball / racquet / bat / hockey stick in the dormitories and corridors.
- Students should not light incense sticks and candles in the dormitory.
- It is a crime to steal or destroy articles belonging to other students. If a student finds lost articles, they should hand them over to the House Master / Mistress.
- In case of withdrawal during the academic year, the application must be made two months before the commencement of the next term, failing which the next Term’s fee and any other applicable fees shall become due and payable.
- In case of withdrawal during the current term, no fees will be refunded.
- If any student is found carrying a Mobile Phone in an unauthorised manner or without permission of the concerned authorities, the following punishment will be imposed.
- Inserted SIM will be removed and broken.
- Mobile Phone will be damaged beyond repairs.
- If the child is caught for the second time then the phone will be confiscated, damaged and the child will be suspended from School for a minimum period of one month and
- If there is another incident of the child being caught under the same clause, he will be rusticated from the School with immediate effect.
- As such all parents kindly note that do not give the phone unless it’s essential and educate your ward of the consequences if used in an unfair manner.